Can I create a new event by copying an existing event?
There are two ways to create new events in EventHQ, either from scratch, or by cloning an existing event. If your events are broadly similar in structure and content, then cloning an existing event is a great way to get a new event up and running quickly.
Pro tipSome customers create unpublished event "templates" with registration open/close dates far in the future or the past to use as sources for cloning
Enter the new events key details
- The event name must be unique. Most of our customers include the year or the month and year in the event title to ensure this is the case
- If the venue is different then enter the new venue name here
- If the new venue has a max capacity, then enter it in venue capacity
- If your new event has it's own logo then upload the new logo here
- Enter the new event start date. The event end date and registration open/close dates will be automatically calculated based on the relative difference between the new event start date and the start date of the event being cloned.
Remember, cloning an event is just a way to very quickly get the bulk of your new event in place. You can always edit your newly cloned event to tweak and polish individual details.